Global University Programs
1. AO Global University member contact will act as the liaison and submits the AO University Information Forms.
2. AO Global University Partners provide the following:
a) Organization and implementation of AO Global University Programs for undergraduate and/or graduate programs to form an AO Global University Study Club. (Completion of the application forms is required)
b) Four extra-curricular events (lectures, lunch & learn classes) to promote dental implant education during the school calendar year. AO members are enlisted a speakers
c) Acknowledgement of AO as a global implant organization to support the student’s educational needs after dental education, and provides information regarding the history and mission of the AO.
d) Information regarding the AO Certificate in Implant Dentistry and the requirements of completion.
e) Promotes the AO Outstanding Student in Implant Dentistry Award to senior dental students (in the United States), and provides relevant information about this program to encourage participation.
f) AO provides funding based on requests from each school. The university must complete the information request, and submit a proposal to the AO-UP Task Force describing the event(s) or lecture series and submit a request for financial support. these programs will be approved by the board as submitted.
Bringing Students Together with Global AO Mentors
The AO Global University Programs help students exceed by providing:
- Educational opportunities to excel in the field of implant dentistry
- Recognition of senior dental students through the AO Outstanding Student in Implant Dentistry Award
- Eligibility to earn the AO Certificate in Implant Dentistry
- Collaboration with AO members and faculty
- International platform to network and present clinical research