(L ro R)
Drs. Adriano Piattelli, Tiziano Testori, Zvi Artzi, and Georgios Romanos
AO presents at IADR/PER Congress
AO extended its global reach by hosting its inaugural symposium at the 8th International Association for Dental Research/Pan European Regional Congress (IADR/PER Congress) on September 21, 2016 in Jerusalem, Israel.
The session, titled “Innovations in Oral Implantology: From research to clinical applications,” addressed a variety of topics related to immediate and early loading as related to anatomy and occlusion, the efficacy of different biomaterials and osseointegration, and confronting peri-implant pathology.
• Dr. Tiziano Testori presented on Immediate Loading and Post-extraction Implants in the Posterior and Frontal Areas
• Dr. Adriano Piattelli presented on Bone-implant Interface: Osseointegration using Different Biomaterials
• Dr. Georgios Romanos presented on Strategic Concepts against Peri-implant Diseases
Later that evening, AO hosted its second Israeli chapter meeting at the Royal Beach Hotel in Tel Aviv, where more than 50 clinicians—including three first-time attendees who became new active members—gathered to learn about the Academy’s mission and participate in a scientific program.
• Dr. Testori presented on the Prevention and Treatment of Postoperative Infections After Sinus Elevation Surgery
• Dr. Romanos presented on the Immediate Loading of Dental Implants Placed in Compromised Bone Qualities and Quantities.
Attendees at both the Symposium and Chapter meeting expressed that they were impressed by the quality of the programs, and the interactive, thought-provoking nature of the presentations.
Authored by Dr. Zvi Artzi, AO Ambassador to Israel, who planned and introduced the Symposium, as well as organized the Chapter meeting.
About the Academy of Osseointegration
With 6,000 members in 70 countries around the world, the AO is recognized as the premier international association for professionals interested in implant dentistry. AO serves as a nexus where specialists and generalists can come together to evaluate emerging research, technology, and techniques; share the best information; and coordinate optimal patient care using timely, evidence-based science and methods. Follow AO on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.