AO elects Dr. James C. Taylor as 32nd President to lead its strategic global course
Arlington Heights, Ill., March 12, 2018 – Dr. James C. Taylor from Ottawa, Canada became the Academy of Osseointegration’s (AO) newest President at the organization’s Annual Business Meeting as part of its 2018 Annual Meeting in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
As the Academy’s 32nd President, and the first from Canada, Dr. Taylor succeeds Dr. Michael R. Norton from London, England at the helm of AO.
“I’m honoured to have the opportunity to lead our Academy in its global role of enabling the development, dissemination and application of knowledge in the domain of implant dentistry, for the well-being of our patients,” said Dr. Taylor. “The Academy is a grand constellation of interrelated and interdependent elements, perpetually interacting to create a whole that is so much greater than the sum of its parts, which makes AO the world’s premier international academy in the domain of evidence-based and patient-centred care in implant dentistry.”
As part of his Presidential address, Dr. Taylor outlined his vision for continuing to move AO forward on its robust strategic course and highlighted his upcoming agenda to foster AO’s message of multidisciplinary and evidence-based patient care in implant dentistry around the world.
“I can say from personal experience that it is rare to assume the presidency of an organization that is already on a sound and successful strategic trajectory. This is a trajectory that I had the privilege of helping to shape and implement during the presidencies of my predecessors, and I plan to stay that course during my presidency,” Dr. Taylor continued.
Looking ahead to his year as President, Dr. Taylor indicated that this busy course will include a number of Outreach and Charter Chapter initiatives outside North America, regional meetings within North America, global university programs, AO’s symposiums with the International Association for Dental Research (IADR) and the FDI World Dental Federation, the upcoming AO Summit in Chicago, and a continued partnership with the International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants (JOMI).
“My year will culminate in AO’s 2019 Annual Meeting in Washington D.C., the theme for which is ‘Current Factors in Clinical Excellence’ (March 14 – 16, 2019).”
Also as part of its annual business meeting, one AO Director moved up to Treasurer and one new Director was elected. The full 2018 – 2019 Board of Directors serving with Dr. Taylor will be:
• President-elect: Jay P. Malmquist, DMD, an oral and & maxillofacial surgeon from Portland, OR, USA.
• Vice President: Clark M. Stanford, DMD, PhD, a prosthodontist from Chicago, IL, USA.
• Secretary: Tara L. Aghaloo, DDS, MD, PhD, an oral & maxillofacial surgeon from Los Angeles, CA, USA.
• Treasurer: Amerian D. Sones, DMD, MS, a prosthodontist from Dallas, TX, USA
• Past President: Michael R. Norton, BDS, FDS, RCS (Ed) an oral surgeon from London, England.
• New Director: Jeffrey Ganeles, DMD, a periodontist from Boca Raton, FL, USA.
• Joseph P. Fiorellini, DMD, DMSc, a periodontist from Philadelphia, PA, USA.
• Jeffrey D. Lloyd, DDS, a general practitioner from Rancho Cucamonga, Calif, USA.
• Jöerg Neugebauer, DDS, PhD, an oral surgeon from Landsberg am Lech, Germany.
• Robert C. Vogel, DDS, a general practitioner from Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA.
• Hom-Lay Wang, DDS, MSD, PhD, a periodontist from Ann Arbor, MI, USA.
“Thank you for the opportunity to lead our Academy, and I look forward to working with you all, and indeed all elements of the grand AO constellation, to shape the present and future of global implant dentistry for the benefit of our patients worldwide,” Dr. Taylor concluded.
About Academy of Osseointegration
With nearly 6,000 members in 70 countries around the world, AO is recognized as the premier international association for professionals interested in implant dentistry. AO serves as a nexus where specialists and generalists can come together to evaluate emerging research, technology, and techniques; share best information; and coordinate optimal patient care using timely, evidence-based science and methods. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @AcademyOsseo.